Four weeks!! We have reached the halfway point!
This weeks runs were all outdoors and a little later in the morning to get some heat training in. I was blessed by cool weather on my long run day!
Here’s what I had scheduled for this week:
- Tuesday – 1 mile walk 4 mile run 1 mile walk. On this day I ran two miles instead of four and had pasta in my stomach. Not good! Ended up throwing up – I was reminded of the scene in Band of Brothers when the mean drill sergeant fed his men a huge pasta dinner and then made them run in full gear up a 20 mile hill. Ugh.
- Thursday – four miles easy. This run felt good. I was able to run out at a good pace without feeling exhausted.
- Saturday – rested instead of racking up more miles
- Sunday – 6.5 miles at an easy conversational pace. Pushed this one a bit too much and felt wasted!
Goals for this week
- Try including different fuel and hydration strategies on long run
- Try new shoes!!!
How were your runs this week?
How is your training going?
Do you fuel and/or hydrate mid-run?