What to eat this week — Energy Foods!
I have been SOOO TIRED this last week!!! Decided it was because of too much junk (too much junk food, junk activity, and junk entertainment — not enough quality stuff). Did some research and found this article from Shape that lists foods that can boost your energy levels.
Here are the 10 energy boosting foods
- Leafy Greens
- Bran Cereal
- Dark Chocolate
- Salmon — contains Omega-3 fatty acids = energy
- Citrus — Vitamin C boost immune system and helps balance energy and alertness
- Eggs — (See What to Eat Wednesday #2 for more info) — just pure awesomeness
- Beans — B vitamins = energy
- Walnuts — good for your brain and also has Omega-3’s
- Leafy Greens — Vitamin C, K, Calcium, beta-carotene, and folate
- Bran Cereal — B-complex vitamins, fiber — varies by brand/type
- really dark chocolate — stress fighting/energy boosting nutrients
- Coffee — Caffeine — duh…
- Water — See Thirsty Thursday Post!
Recipes to Try
I decided on these three recipes that are a combo of energy boosting foods. I’m going to try them! Dare you to do the same!
- Pan Seared Salmon with Kale and Apple salad
- Mexican Egg Bake with Spinach, black beans, and cheese (Side of grapefruit please!)
- Trail mix made with Walnuts, Bran Flakes, with Dark Chocolate nibs!
What do you include in your diet that boosts your energy?
What do you do when you have energy slumps?
How do you stay away at your desk all day?