It’s probably the craziest thing, but I totally miss marathon training. It’s a love hate thing.
- I love the feeling you get after a good run.
- I love the sense of accomplishment you get when completing a week of good training.
- I love feeling like I’m working towards a goal — and then meeting that goal?
- I love how good you sleep after a hard/long run
- Taking time out of your day to unplug and be by yourself
- Having time with your thoughts
- Exploring new routes in old neighborhoods
- Gorgeous weather during Fall or early morning runs
But there are things I hate:
- Always being sore
- Always being tired
- Always being hungry
- Smelling like sunblock and sweat
Can anyone else relate?
Craving that run!
Today it’s 72 and gorgeous out — a perfect fall day. Partly cloud with a little wind. I can’t stand how much I want to run!
I’ve decided to start a training plan for a 5K this Fall/Winter. Today is day 1 — nothing like an on the spot decision! LOL!