This week’s treats are either low/no SmartPoints or what I call “worth it”.
Low SmartPoints Treats/Snacks
The following treats/snacks are low in SmartPoints and are SUPER filling! I’ve already started to enjoy them this week, but I’ll continue to enjoy them in future weeks as well.
- Seriously Spicy Hummus (2 SP) + Veg
- Mini Pretzels (3 SP)
- Pumpkin Muffins (3 SP)
- String Cheese (3 SP) with Fruit
- Apple slices with 1 TBSP Peanut Butter (3 SP)
- Protein Shake (1 SP) — I use My Protein Impact Whey Protein
- Dove Dark Chocolate Silky Smooth Almond — 2 pieces (2 SP)
- Air Popped Popcorn
- Protein Latte (1 SP) — Mix up protein powder (any flavor) with 2 oz water add to a hot cup of coffee
- Protein Hot Cocoa — (2 SP) — heat up 6 oz almond milk, mix 2 oz cold almond milk with chocolate protein powder, add the two together and sweeten with Splenda to taste. Need more chocolate? Add cocoa powder!
Zero SmartPoints Treats/Snacks
I’m so excited that the 2018 Program has expanded the 0 points food list. The wider variety of “free” foods means I can plan my meal around these foods without worrying! Then, I can spend my points on starches and fats.
- Plain, Fat free Greek Yogurt + Berries
- Hard Boiled eggs
- Canned Fruit (packed in water/juice not syrup)
- Sugar free jello with Light Whipped Topping
- Grilled Chicken on bed of lettuce
- Tuna Lettuce Cups
- Mashed black beans layered with Salsa and Plain Greek Yogurt <— this layer dip is 0 points, so you can use all your points on chips!
- Turkey Chili — lean ground turkey, canned diced tomatoes, Black beans, kidney beans, and chicken broth with onions and spices — this filling dish is now 0 points!
- Diet coke — I know soda is terrible for you, and I’m trying to give it up, so I’ll only have a glass as a treat… *addicted*
Worth it Treats
Sometimes you just need to Treat Yo Self! Here are a few planned in treats that I’ll be enjoying this week:
- Coffee with real 2% milk — 1 SP (worth it!)
- 1/2 Slice of Carrot Cake (6 SP)
- 1/2 Slice of Red Velvet Cake (7 SP)
- Oven Fries (5 SP)
- Dinner Out — Grilled Chicken (0 SP), Side Salad (0 SP), Ranch dressing (5 SP), Steamed Broccoli (0 SP), and Splitting a dessert with hubby (15 SP)
As always, I’ll be incorporating some non-food related treats into my week as a way of caring for myself. Here are some of the ways I’ll be treating myself this week:
- At home manicure
- New Topcoat for my at home manicures
- New AirWick scents for Holidays (apple cinnamon, Mahogany, and Pine!)
- Finish k-Drama Series “Let’s Eat”
- Movie night with hubby
- Crocheting while watching Netflix! (Just not K Dramas, since I’ll have to read the subtitles. Darn my inability to speak/understand Korean!)