Here are a few things I can’t run without:
- My Garmin Forerunner 220 — aka my Data Mining tool! I love numbers so I love how this baby stalks me each run and feeds data like Pace, Cadence, Distance, Time, and Elevation.
- My hat – Nike’s Featherlight Cap — I have this in white. It’s super thin, breathable, and white. This means my head is cool during my runs. Without it, my dark brown hair attracts/absorbs the heat and basically my brain boils.
- My running shoes — Saucony Women’s ProGrid 3 — they are near the end of their life, so I’ll be purchasing new running shoes soon… maybe as Treat!
- Sunglasses are a must! I don’t like to run with super expensive sunglasses — because I’m clumsy and am know to drop sunglasses, knock them off my own face/head, or lose them completely. So yeah…
- Finding the right pair of running shorts was a trial and error process. I like running capris and tights, but like to be cold when running — so for 10 months out of the year, I wear these — Zoot 2 in 1 women’s shorts.
- Tops are easy. I run in anything from an old tee shirt to a technical tank. Here are two of my current favorites: white & peach
- I can’t live without music! I run with either my Iphone or, more frequently, my old school ipod. It’s so little and sleek, I can tuck it into a pocket, zippered pocket, or even in my bra. I also like headphones that wrap around my ear — again because I’m super clumsy.
I keep this part super simple — I don’t have the space, money, or time to craft a fully function in home gym — here are my 3 must haves:
- Yoga mat — stretching is super important!
- Bowflex adjustable dumbbells — for most of my weight lifting needs
- Jump rope — for rainy day cardio